Dalgona Candy Making Kit
Have fun making this nostalgic Korean street snack at home with this kit that comes with all the necessary tools and cutters in a variety of shapes. A great way for parents to spend time at home with your kids and to have a crunchy sweet snack to devour after!
What's in the Kit
- Metal tray
- Circular press
- Shape cutters x5 (heart, star, bird, rocket, human shapes)
Materials: Stainless steel, copper
Country of Origin: Korea
Step 1. Heat the ladle over an open fire and remove any residue that appears.
Step 2. Melt the sugar in the ladle before adding a small amount of baking soda.
Step 3. Sprinkle some cooking oil or flour on the surface of the metal tray before throwing out the contents in the ladle onto the tray.
Step 4. Spread some cooking oil or flour on the circular press as well and press it down on the contents on the tray quickly.
Step 5. Remove the circular press and cut your desired shapes out of the dalgona slab with the cutters.
Step 6. The dalgona is done after scraping the pieces out with the scraper!
Ways to Enjoy Your Dalgona
Hop onto the dalgona coffee trend and add some broken bits of your finished dalgona into dalgona coffee that you've painstakingly prepared! While dalgona coffee is tasty on its own, the dalgona bits will add more flavour to it as they melt.
Note on Stainless Steel Material
- Due to the nature of stainless steel, there may be scratches or banding and abrasion marks on the surface of the product.
- Some abrasive residue from production may be left on the stainless steel product. To remove them, boil the product in a dilute solution of vinegar, baking soda and water (1:1:2) and dry it with a towel before applying cooking oil on the surface. Finally, wash it with a soft dishwashing sponge like you normally would other utensils.
- Wash the product with a soft dishwashing sponge like you normally would other utensils. Avoid using rough sponges as they may leave scratches on the product.
- Stains on the product that have a rainbow-like sheen are the result of a natural reaction between the stainless steel and minerals in food when in contact with heat. To remove them, soak the product in a boiling solution of water and vinegar before washing it with a soft dishwashing sponge.
Dalgona Candy Making Kit | Hauls Home